A Healthy Twist On Treats
School mornings are busy enough. Get the kids involved on Sunday afternoon and prepare nutritious lunchbox treats for the week.
By empowering your kids to help as the sous-chef, they will be proud and excited to show off their creations – and most importantly eat them!
We are sharing two sweet and
Cereal Crunch Balls – with a hidden surprise inside!
- 2 cups of your
o Special K
o Rice puffs
o Quick Oats
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 tablespoons water
1. Combine cereal, dates, coconut, vanilla essence and water in a food processor until smooth and
2. Spoon out 2 tablespoon portions of the mix and place your dried fruit of choice in the
3. Spread approximately 3 tablespoons of coconut on a plate and roll the balls to evenly coat the outside.
4. Place in an
- 1 head of cauliflower
- ½ tablespoon ground turmeric
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch of salt
Tip: Feel free to switch up your seasonings with different herbs and spices!
Preheat oven to 200 degrees C
Combine olive oil, turmeric and parmesan together in a large bowl
Chop cauliflower into small bite-sized portions
Add cauliflower to the bowl of seasoning and lightly mix or toss to coat evenly
Spread cauliflower out onto a baking sheet.
Bake in the oven until golden and tender, 15 to 20 minutes.